PhD Scholarships in Computer Science
Six Departmental Overseas PhD Scholarships are available within the Department of Computer Science starting in late September 2011. Interested applicants are invited to visit the department research web pages. The following list provides some of the PhD project proposals which fall within the interests of the four department research groups:
- Advanced Reasoning
- Computational Biology
- Intelligent Robotics
- Vision, Graphics and Visualisation
The scholarships are for a three year period and will waive the difference between full-time overseas student fees and full-time UK/EU student fees per annum. The scholarships will not support part-time PhD studies. Based upon the fees for the current academic year (£11,500 in 2011), then the value of the scholarship is £7,950 for this year.
Please note that an Overseas PhD Scholarship does not provide funds for living expenses (i.e. a maintenance grant), and successful applicants will have to pay full-time UK/EU student fees for the duration of the scholarship (£3,550 for the 2011 academic session).
Applicants should have a first class or upper-second class honours degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the physical sciences. Applicants may wish to contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office for advice regarding the comparability of their qualifications.
To apply for an Overseas PhD Scholarship, you must first submit a PhD application through the Aberystwyth University Postgraduate Admissions Office
When you apply:
- Please provide a short (maximum 1000 words) research proposal. This can relate directly to one of the example projects provided via the web links above, or to a project of your own choice. (The request for a short proposal applies to this Overseas PhD Scholarship scheme, and NOT to a standard Computer Science research studies application.)
- There is no separate form for applying for the scholarship, but in the section “further details”, under “student support arrangements”, please indicate that you wish to be considered for the Departmental Scholarship and quote reference number CS211.
- Please make sure that one of your references is an academic from the institution where you last studied.
- Return the application form to the Postgraduate Admissions Office by 1st May 2011.
We will consider all candidates and select a short list by early June. The six scholarships will be awarded to the best candidates under the following criteria: relevance of the proposed research to the department’s research interests, and academic quality of the applicant. All candidates will be informed as to the outcome of their application.
For all general enquiries about the Overseas PhD Scholarship scheme, please contact:
Mrs. Margaret Anthony,
Department of Computer Science,
Ceredigion, SY23 3DB, United Kingdom
Fax: +44 (0)1970 628536
Phone: +44 (0)1970 622421
Please quote Reference Number CS211 on all application forms and communications
Application Deadline : 1 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PhD Scholarships in Computer Science semoga informasi tentang PhD Scholarships in Computer Science ini bermanfaat.