PHD and Master Scholarships in Neuroscience-Occupational Trainees-Genome Sequencing Research
The Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) was established as a research institute of the University of Queensland in 2003. The Institute is now operating out of a new state-of-the-art facility and houses 28 Principal Investigators with strong international reputations. The Institute is located at the University of Queensland, a Group of 8 (Go8) member.
The QBI is one of the largest neuroscience institutes in the world dedicated to understanding the mechanisms underlying brain function. Details of the current QBI interdisciplinary research programs can be found at
Visit Official Website.
Become a research higher degree student (PhD, Masters) or occupational trainee (research project towards a degree) at the QBI and be part of the start-up phase of an exciting new second-generation sequencing research centre that embarks on trailblazing research projects identifying the genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of brain function and brain related diseases. You will be able to take ownership of research projects taking your results to publication and be part of an efficient team to develop tools for different sequencing applications (exom capture, RNA-seq, CHiP-seq).
1. Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Information technology or related field.
2. Experience with Bioinformatics/Next-gen tools and languages e.g. Read aligner, GATK, GALAXY, UCSC Genome Browser, Ensemble database
3. GPA of 5.5 (scale 1-7 equivalent to approx 78%)
4. Excellent written and spoken English (IELTS 6.5)
5. Fundamental knowledge of software engineering (programming, testing, object-oriented systems programming and design)
6. In-depth knowledge of Unix and Unix-scripting.
7. Experience with cluster and/or cloud computing technologies (e.g. SGE)
8. Required languages Java, Perl, Python, C++, XML, MySQL
LOCATION: Brisbane, Queensland Australia
HOW TO APPLY: For immediate consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter addressing the specified requirements to Denis Bauer (d-dot-bauer-at-uq-dot-edu-dot-au)
REMUNERATION: UQ offers competitive scholarship options.
Application Deadline : 31 May 2011
Visit Official Website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang PHD and Master Scholarships in Neuroscience-Occupational Trainees-Genome Sequencing Research semoga informasi tentang PHD and Master Scholarships in Neuroscience-Occupational Trainees-Genome Sequencing Research ini bermanfaat.