MRES/PhD Studentship in Gerontology at King`s College London
MRES/PhD Studentship in Gerontology at King`s College London, UK
1. Open to the following nationalities:
– All Nationalities
2. Applicable subjects
– Social science
– Occupational therapy
Applications may be submitted
from 14-May-2010 until 28-May-2010
Information about the funding
The Institute of Gerontology (IOG), King`s College London, is a leading multi-disciplinary department for research and teaching into the study of ageing and is an ESRC recognised research outlet. The studentship is offered in partnership with AgeCare.
More information about the Institute of Gerontology and its strands of research can be found here:
We invite applications for a four-year full-time ESRC CASE studentship comprising a linked MRes and PhD, commencing September 2010.
Information about the application
PhD: Role of Assistive Technology and Personal Care in Enabling Families to Care for Relatives with Dementia in their Location of Choice The Institute invites applicants with an interest in the use of AT to assist with personal care among those with dementia. The project will examine how AT can be used in the context of personal care for older people in providing assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as dressing, feeding and getting in and out of bed; and how AT can play a positive role in enabling those caring for a relative with dementia to make preferred choices as to whether their relatives remain at home or move to a residential home. This PhD will be supervised by Dr. Karen Glaser and Professor Anthea Tinker (IoG).
It is anticipated that successful applicants will have a first degree at 2:1 or first class level or the equivalent standard from a European University.
CONDITIONS OF THE AWARDS:
The holders of these studentships will be expected to:
– Prepare and submit a doctoral dissertation in a timely fashion
– Prepare papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals
– Participate in and contribute to the research and teaching activities of IoG
The studentship is funded full-time for 4 years. In the first year the student will receive a maintenance grant of around £17,000 and full fees for the MRes Gerontology. For each year of the PhD after that, the student will receive the same maintenance grant, full fees for the PhD, and an additional £3,000 from our partner AgeCare.
Although the award only covers Home/EU fees, applicants from outside the UK/EU are also invited to apply for the studentship on the understanding that the difference in cost of tuition fee is payable by the candidate. The tuition fee for full-time international postgraduates is currently £11,700 per year.
All applicants for the studentship must complete the following forms by the deadline of 28th May 2010.
1. The ESRC/CASE AGECARE PhD Studentship Cover Sheet, including Personal Statement. The Cover Sheet and Further Particulars can be downloaded from the bottom of this webpage. Please see below.
2. A current CV which should include:
– your full name with title
– education: degrees (subject, class, institution, date of award)
– other academic/professional qualifications (subject, level, institution, date of award)
– employment history, where relevant
3. Two academic references. References should be sent by post or directly emailed to Dr. Karen Glaser at the address below.
4. If you have a preference for one of these projects, please state this in your application.
Dr. Karen Glaser
Institute of Gerontology
School of Social Science & Public Policy
King`s College London
Strand Building (6th floor)
London, WC2R 2LS
Informal enquiries by email welcome, contact
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang MRES/PhD Studentship in Gerontology at King`s College London semoga informasi tentang MRES/PhD Studentship in Gerontology at King`s College London ini bermanfaat.