Master Scholarships in Japan for Indonesian Students by INPEX Scholarship Foundation
INPEX SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION was established in Tokyo, Japan, as nonprofit organization under the permission of the Minister of Education in Japan, based on the fund offered from INPEX Corporation (formerly Indonesia Petroleum, Ltd., renamed in September, 2001), in commemoration of its 15th Anniversary, with the objective to contribute to the understanding and friendly relations between the Republic of Indonesia and Japan by promoting and making mutual exchange of education, arts and science between the two countries.
Under its international cultural education exchange program, this FOUNDATION offers scholarships to Indonesian students who wish to study in the postgraduate course of university in Japan, and accepts the applicants for scholarships for 2011 on the following plan.
1. REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
All of the following conditions should be satisfied.
(1) Those who have the nationality of the Republic of Indonesia and have studied the course of Natural Science in the prestigious universities in Indonesia with more than 16 years of school education, and are not more than 30 years of age when application is submitted, having “SARJANA” Degree.
(2) Those who have the aim to study the course of Natural Science in the master’s course of university in Japan, and were permitted or are expected to be permitted to enter the university.
(3) Those who have excellent results of school record, (cumulative GPA 1 more than 3.0) and are in good health.
(4) Those who have been permitted to get the scholarship of the FOUNDATION by their belonging institutes, universities or companies.
(5) Those who have interest in the friendly relations between the Republic of Indonesia and Japan and are prepared to contribute to the promotion of such relations,
(6) Those who have not been awarded other scholarships in Japan.
2. NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP STUDENTS TO BE ACCEPTED
Less than THREE (3) students will be accepted for the 2011 scholarship program.
3. PAYMENT AND STOPPAGE OF AWARD
(1) The payment of school and living expenses will be made to the scholarship students during their study in Japan, based on the Regulation of Scholarship Award of this FOUNDATION.
(2) The scholarship award in 2011 is as follows.
1) School expenses to be paid to the university such as entrance examination fee, entrance fee, tuition fee, etc. are all borne by the FOUNDATION.
2) Monthly award of Yen 160,000 is given to each student as living expenses, including lodging expenses, medical expenses, transportation lee, books, etc. However, in case the lodging is paid for by the FOUNDATION, the monthly award may be reduced accordingly,
(3) Air ticket (economy class, Jakarta-Tokyo) will be given to the scholarship students when coming to and leaving Japan. However, all other expenses necessary for traveling such as passport acquisition fee, visa fee for entering Japan, etc. are to be borne by the students.
(4) A scholarship is awarded for up to two years and eight months maximum.
(5) The payment of the award will commence from the date mentioned in the notification of acceptance, and is terminated on the date 30 days after the day of completion of study or research, the date leaving Japan or the expiration of 2 years and 8 months, whichever occurs earlier.
(6) In case the date of commencement or termination of the scholarship award is in the middle of the month, full amount will be given if the balance of days is more than half month, and half amount if the balance of days is less than half month.
(7) The payment of scholarship award is stopped in the following cases.
1) When it becomes impossible for the students to continue study or research due to illness or failure in the examination to the master’s course or other reasons.
2) When the results of school record are poor.
3) When the professor in charge considers that the student is not qualified to continue studying or continue research.
4) In case the student is unsound and improper in his conduct.
5) When the student brings discredit to this FOUNDATION’s prestige and reputation.
(8) Absence from Japan during grant period
Scholarship students may leave Japan temporarily during the grant period if such absence does not interfere with the purpose of the grant.
1) A total absence of up to 21 days per year after having passed the entrance examination to the master`s course will be allowed without any deduction in grant benefits.
2) A total absence in excess of 21 days per year will result in deduction of monthly award for the excess period accordingly.
(1) The selection shall be made from the qualified applicants by examining application form, past school records, study plan, letter of recommendation, and other documents. Government employee, recommended by State Secretariat of the Republic of Indonesia (SEKNEG) and accepted by academic supervisor of Japanese University as his student at the university in the written form of recommendation and/or compliance shall be given priority in Selection.
(2) Selection procedures are as follows.
1) Primary Selection
To be made by the Screening Committee of the FOUNDATION on examining the documents.
2) Final Selection
To be made by the Board-Directors’ Meeting of the FOUNDATION,
3) All applicants will be notified of the results of the primary selection by the end of January 2011 and the final selection of the scholarship students by the end of March 2011.
(1)Applicants must fill out the fixed forms which please bring or send by registered mail to the following with the description of ” APPLICATION FOR SCHOLARSHIPS” on the envelope.
INPEX Corporation, Jakarta Office
7th Floor, Mid Plaza Building I
Jl. Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 10-ll
Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
(2) The following papers must be submitted, being attached to the application form.
1) 2 photographs, 5cm x 3.5cm, of upper part of the body without hat. One should be attached to the application form and the other with the name Written on the backside should not be attached.
2) School Record
Transcript of academic record issued by the university attended
3) Letter of Recommendation
Confidential letter addressed to the FOUNDATION from the president of the graduated university, or from the professor in charge, mentioning the applicants studying attitude, character, etc,
4) Certificate of Graduation
Graduation certificate issued by the university attended.
5) Personal History and Personal Data (Curriculum Vitae)
6) Health Certificate made out by the medical doctor
7) Admission Certificate from the university or other research institute in Japan, if already obtained.
8) Certificate of TOEFL score record.
9) Certificate of Japanese Language Test from Japanese Language Institutes, if any.
10) Return Envelope (approx. 23cm X 12cm) with your name and address on the front.
(3) The deadline for application is November 15, 2010, but the documents received with the postmark of the above date are also valid for application and accepted by the FOUNDATION.
(4) All papers received with the application form will not be returned to the applicants.
6. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The candidates who passed the final selection by this FOUNDATION should submit a Letter of Acceptance of Scholarship Award to this FOUNDATION by the fixed date. In case of failure, he will automatically be disqualified as a candidate for the scholarship award.
7. COMMENCEMENT OF RECEIVING SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The grantees of the scholarship award should take up their scholarship during the course of 2011 Japanese fiscal year (up to March 31, 2012), Extension of the scholarship beyond the specified period will not be considered.
8. ARRIVAL ALLOWANCE
Yen 60,000 will be paid to each student, who are awarded 2011 scholarships by this FOUNDATION, upon his arrival at Tokyo.
9. COMPREHENSIVE ACCIDENT INSURANCE
When a student is awarded a scholarship by this FOUNDATION, comprehensive accident insurance will be taken out covering the student’s traveling between Jakarta and Tokyo. The amount to be insured is YEN 25,000,000 for Injury Death or Residual Disability.
In case the applicant has Guarantor, the name of the Guarantor and any pertinent information must be mentioned on the application form. Either Indonesian or Japanese can be accepted, but his stay in Japan must be longer than the stay of student in Japan.
This FOUNDATION has no lodgings to accommodate the scholarship students. Housing problem is very serious in Japan, and therefore, the student who is awarded the scholarship of this FOUNDATION should secure his lodgings beforehand through his guarantor or an acquaintances in Japan. This FOUNDATION will also help the scholarship student to find his suitable lodgings.
12. SCHEDULE FOR ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP STUDENTS IN 2011
November 15, 2010 Closing of application from SEKNEG and candidates.
December 2010 /January 2011 Decision of successful candidates from primary selection.
March 2011 Decision of scholarship students.
April/May 2011 Submission of application of the above scholarship students to the Graduate Course of university and/or Japanese Language Institute.
September 2011 Arrival of scholarship students from Indonesia to Japan.
September/October 2011 Commencement of study of Japanese language in the special course of the university or Japanese language school.
October 2011 Commencement of study of Research Student Program of the university.
November 2011 Examination for Japanese Universtity Admission for International Students (Nippon Ryugaku Shiken).
December 2011 Japanese Language Proficiency Test (Nihongo Nouryoku Shiken).
February 2012 Entrance examination to the master`s course.
April 2012 Commencement of study at the master`s course of the university.
ACCEPTANCE OF FOREIGN STUDENTS IN JAPANESE IINIVERSITIES
In order to enter the postgraduate course of the Japanese universities, all Japanese and foreign students must pass the entrance examination given by each university.
Most of the Japanese universities give the same level entrance examination as Japanese students even for the foreign students, for which ample knowledge of Japanese language is required. However, some universities in Japan are active in accepting foreign students, especially in the field of natural science of the postgraduate course, and admit their entrance to the university tentatively only by the examination of papers, and let such students, whose knowledge of Japanese language is insufficient, study Japanese language in the special course in the university. Then, the special entrance examination, mainly for Japanese language and an interview of the professor in charge, is given by such universities to the students who were admitted entering the university tentatively, and those who passed such special entrance examination are admitted entering the university as a regular student of the masters course.
But, with the sharp increase of applicants both from inside and outside, this has undergone substantial changes. Each university selects the students strictly through the entrance examination being the same level as that given to Japanese students and the proficiency of Japanese language is becoming an important factor to be regular students of the master’s course year by year.
However, several private universities, namely Waseda University, Keio University, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Hoshi University (Pharmacy) still accept foreign students through good relationship between students and the professor in charge. Several ways for building a good relationship with the professor in charge are to get acquaintance with him before coming to Japan and to show the superior and excellent research plans as well as to make the professor convinced that you will be an outstanding student thereby succeeding in the entrance examination of the master’s course despite insufficiency of Japanese language to some extent.
Now, some national universities, namely Tokyo Institute of Technology etc. have an International Graduate Course in the postgraduate program. The entrance examination and lectures are given in English.
In the International Graduate Course those universities do not necessarily require how many points of TOEFL must be possessed by students, but students are asked to have the ability of communication/conversation in English satisfactorily. However, it is to their advantage if students have more than 550 according to TOEFL score record or the same level in other English proficiency tests.
MASTER’S DEGREE IN JAPANESE UNIVERSITY
According to the educational system of Japan, the course for a master’s degree requires at least two years for study after graduation from a university (i.e. after completion of the whole course of 16 years conducted at school – 6 years in primary school, each 3 years in middle and high school and 4 years in faculty course of university).
Those who have studied in such course for the required terms of study, obtaining the necessary credits, and have passed the terminal examination after submission of their theses, will be given the master’s degree.
Visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikian kami sampaikan tentang Master Scholarships in Japan for Indonesian Students by INPEX Scholarship Foundation semoga informasi tentang Master Scholarships in Japan for Indonesian Students by INPEX Scholarship Foundation ini bermanfaat.